- A military leader of settlement or town. During
the Spanish colonization, most settlements were
placed in charge of a military commander,
ususally to deal with Indian hostilities.
- Accountant, Public Accountant
- A large ranch or plantation
- A ranch or hacienda
- A fort or garrison which may or may not be part
of a civilian community.
- A mission or Indian settlement.
- A term used to describe a mining community in
Spanish colonial Mexico.
- Reino (Reyno)
- Kingdom, Realm
- Sierra Gorda
- A term generally used to describe the region
which later became Nuevo Santander. Sierra
Gorda means "fat or thick"